2021 was a short cruising year because of the continuing COVID-19 pandemic.
This is a very personal account of the sailing trips from June to October 2021 with S/Y Thetis, in the Aegean. There were 5 separate trips:
- Leros to Samos
- Several excursions near Samos
- Excursions from Samos and back as well as in Samos
- To Patmos and back to Samos
- Samos to Leros
The highlights of these trips are:
- Problem with the forestay. Had to be replaced.
- Thetis is launched.
- Jenny Assimakopoulou joins me for a day excursion.
- I take a 5 day excursion to Agathonisi.
- My daughter Corinna and her family arrives in Samos.
- Day excursion with Corinna and family to Mikri Lakka.
- Three day excursion with Corinna and family to Marathi region.
- A day excursion to Mikri Lakka to watch the rise of the August full moon.
- 7 day excursion to Patmos and back.
- Making the old Kalami house earthquake proof.
- Thetis is hauled out for the winter.